Running PowerEraser from Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager or SymDiagram Tool
To resolve issues with heavily infected Windows computers, Power Eraser provides aggressive scanning and analysis. Power Eraser analysis is an aggressive tool, most of the time it flags the important files that might be required. Power Eraser is only for emergency situations, like if the computers exhibit instability or have persistent problems. To know more and to have expert’s guidance, connect to the Norton Customer Service .
Difference between Power Eraser from Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager or SymDiag tool:
Power Eraser could be easily run remotely from the management console on Windows client. Symantec Endpoint Protection does not consist of an option to open Power Eraser directly from the client. Nevertheless, on the client computer, the SymDiag tool and Power Eraser could be installing and run easily
- Power Eraser no appearance of detections in the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager logs, if you use the SymDiag tool
- Power Eraser does not examine the user-specific load points, registrations, and folders that the SymDiag tool examines when you run Power Eraser from the console
A large number of computer resources consumed by Power Eraser, it can also consume a lot of space in the computer, if your run Power Eraser multiple times. Detection information gets saved by Power Eraser, stores in the Symantec Endpoint Protection application folder after the completion of analysis. The files are purged when the client purges the logs.
How is Power Eraser different from virus and spyware scans?
Power Eraser is different from usual scans in the following ways:
- Power Eraser does not scan every file on the computer, it just examines the load points and load point disk locations, and running processes as well
- There will be no detections appear in the Quarantine
- While running Power Eraser, Symantec Endpoint Protection stops any virus and spyware scan in progress
- Power Eraser does not automatically remediate detections. You need to review the detection list in the Scan log or Risk log and then choose an action from the log
High-level steps that you perform when you need to run Power Eraser:
You need to perform two high-level steps while running run Power Eraser from the console:
- There will not remediate any detection by the Power Eraser due to the potential for false positives
- Use the Risk log or Scan log in order to review Power Eraser detections and then request the Power Eraser to extract any detections that you determine are threats
For any query or support, contact at our toll-free Norton Technical Support Number – 208-856-0435 which is offered in order to communicate with the customers who are looking for quick help for Norton antivirus. At this number, experts and certified engineers are available to deliver the best result out.