You do not have to be tech expert to know how to remove Bing toolbar from your web browser. You can uninstall or disable Bing toolbar from your browser by following a few easy steps. However, the uninstallation steps can vary depending on the operating system, browser and browser version. Here are the steps required to remove Bing toolbar from Google Chrome web browser on a Windows operating system such as Windows 7, Windows Vista and Windows XP.
Instructions on removing Bing Toolbar from Windows 7
- Navigate to the Start button and click on Control Panel.
- Double-click on Programs category and select Uninstall a program option.
- Choose Bing Toolbar extension and then press the Remove button.
- If Windows prompt you to restart your computer, press on OK to confirm.
- When your Windows 7 computer is restarted, you will no longer have Bing toolbar in your web browser.
Steps on removing Bing toolbar in Windows Vista
- Go to the Start button and select Control Panel.
- Select Programs and features icon.
- When the Programs and features window is fully loaded, highli
ght Bing Toolbar Chrome extension and press the Remove button.
- Ensure that you restart your computer after removing Bing Toolbar. This is to make the changes take effect.
Instructions on removing Bing toolbar in Windows XP
- Navigate to the Start button, and click on the Control Panel link in the Start menu.
- Double-click on Add/Remove Programs icon in the Control Panel window.
- When Add/Remove Programs window gets fully loaded with the list of all the installed programs in the computer, browse through the programs until you locate Bing Toolbar Chrome extension.
- Click on it followed by the Remove button.
- If Windows prompts you to reboot your computer, select OK to continue. This is to ensure that the changes you have made take effect.
- Once your computer is restarted, launch Google Chrome browser. You will no longer have Bing toolbar in it.
The above-given steps should have been helpful for you to remove Bing Toolbar from Google Chrome in various Windows operating systems. You can use the same steps to remove other annoying toolbars too. If you wish to use Bing toolbar after some times in future, just download it from the Bing download centre and install it.