How to adjust the height and width of XP start menu (double)August 19, 2013
What Makes Windows Azure The Most Advanced Computing Platform?September 13, 2013
Passwords have come to be a standard security parameter for almost all applications and digital tools nowadays. Be it for accessing your email account, withdrawing money from your ATM, or even for entering your favorite shopping site, your password is the most prior credential that you need to furnish. Moreover, since the world has come to be a global village with the advent of the internet, the relevance of passwords has increased all the more.
Despite having several impermeable security measures apart from passwords, we often hear news about online accounts being hacked or intruded into. As such, even though the effectiveness of your password might seem easily challengeable, it should be rightly considered as the first line of defense against your digital privacy.
In this post, the Windows tech support crew gives you a comprehensive account on how to create a new password for your Windows operating system.
Passwords In Windows
Passwords have for long been a security feature in Windows operating systems. Thanks to such a measure, your much valued data and files remain liberated from unauthorized access and undesirable modifications. However, as you would have dozens of passwords for your various electronic accounts, it is quite understandable that you might forget the login password of your Windows OS someday. Well, if that is the case with you, do not worry, as we have detailed below the procedure for creating a new password for your Windows OS.
Creating A New Password In Windows
- Reboot your computer and press the F8 key before the Windows screen initializes, whereby boot options’ menu shall appear.
- From the list of boot options, choose Safe Mode and press the Enter key on your keyboard. Wait for a while as the OS boots up automatically.
- Once Windows has initialized, log in via the Administrator account and select Yes when the message to continue in Safe mode appears.
- You may now click on the Start menu and choose the option Control Panel. Switch on the Classic View in the Control Panel window and then select the icon that reads Users.
- Select the user account of which you forgot the password, and choose the option Change Password. Type in your new password, confirm the same, and click on OK.
- Finally, reboot the system and login with your newly created password.
The above procedure would surely prove helpful in creating a new password for your Windows operating system. In case any issues persist, do get in touch with Windows tech support